Monday 13 December 2010


Ideal Consumer

My magazine is targeted at a young audience; 15 – 24 year olds to be exact. I’m looking to attract girls primarily but I don’t want to exclude males entirely. The content of my magazine will cover the genres of alternative rock and soul music, hoping to intrigue somebody with an interest in artists like Florence + the Machine and Biffy Clyro. Ideally, my readership will have at least a college/sixth form education as the lexical choice in my magazine will have some verbose language and only consist of Standard English. Words will outweigh pictures in my magazine. Additionally prior knowledge will be useful as I will most report on current news concerning the artist featured without always providing a back story. From the feedback I received from my questionnaire, the price of my magazine is not going to be too expensive so my target consumer will not need to have wealthy parents or a 6 figure salary to afford an issue every two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment